And we’re off!
I felt that the possibilities to find new Spotify music were a bit limited, and can’t really say that the existing playlist sites match my needs. So I figured I’d give it a stab myself!
We’re now live with the first version of Spotiseek, a tool that helps you find new Spotify music. The basic idea is to let you search by music that you already know of, and get suggestions of new artists and tracks, that you might or might not know of.
How it works
Here’s a short description how it works:
- Go to www.spotiseek.com
- Type the name of an artist you like, e.g. Coldplay
- A playlist is generated by picking tracks from artist similar to the one you searched
- Drag the image on the playlist’s top right to one of your playlists in Spotify (or to the “New playlist” item)
- Enjoy your new music!
“But what about this.. and that!”
Bear in mind that this is an all new product, and that there still are some technical limitations on the behalf of Spotify API, e.g. easier creation of playlists and the allowed number of simultaneous users of the search. I’m sure this’ll improve further on, though.
Spotiseek will be improved and more functionality will be added continuously. These are some of the ideas that have come up this far:
- share playlist with others via Facebook or such
- more control of the playlist, i.e. remove certain artists, tracks etc
- possibility to like or dislike artists/tracks
- uploading/sharing of other playlists
- improved and extended toplist features
- more info and details about artists, tracks and albums
- Swedish language support
You’re welcome to share any other thoughts, comments or suggest new/improved features – feel free to drop a comment or two!